Friday, October 26, 2012

First Try Using TrainerRoad With My Computrainer

With Computrainer (Racermate) software being dated and my trying unsuccessfully to use ctANT+ software, I decided to take a recommendation from  Gear Fisher, Co-Founder of TrainingPeaks, and I signed up for, download and tried TrainerRoad.com.  The software didn't crash my computer, like ctANT+ often did.  Actually, TrainerRoad worked incredible well.  The software works seamlessly with my Computrainer, Garmin Ant+ USB Stick, and I can play a movie on my computer while the software is running.  I don't need that 2nd laptop laying around anymore.


There's snow on the ground and cold temperatures here in Denver this week, but I needed to get my work in, especially with a training goal to significantly increase my FTP by mid-March 2013.  I started with what TrainerRoad.com calls the Smith workout.  I only did 5 of the 6 10minute z4 intervals, but it went well over all.  Here is a link to my result. 



Here are some of TrainerRoad features (per the review on JohnStoneFitness.com)
  • Live graphs while you train, with instant feedback and wattage-based targets.
  • Accurate power readings without an expensive power meter.
  • Focused, goal-based workouts that are automatically adjusted to your fitness level.
  • Structured training plans designed by a USA Cycling certified level II coach.
  • A huge library of workouts, including race simulations and more (300+ workouts and growing).
  • Workouts are automatically synced to the cloud and include comprehensive post-ride analytics.
  • A “Career” page that tracks all your progress and stats.
  • Social media integration.
  • Compatible with the entire line of SufferFest videos: drop a video in the player and it syncs to the TrainerRoad workout, giving you wattage-based targets.
  • Much more! Check out the full tour here.

You can read a review of TrainerRoad.com here.  It's not my review, but it's good one.

No comments :

Post a Comment